Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Thierry Volpiatto >> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, michael_heerdegen@web.de, >> stefankangas@gmail.com, 66394@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 09:30:50 +0000 >> >> here the last patch that provide Emacs-29 previous behavior as asked on emacs-dev, >> I made it the default for now. >> The only customization one have to do to make a change is through >> register-use-preview which have now three options: >> >> - basic (default - same as Emacs-29- ) >> - nil (simple preview with filtering, default and no confirm) >> - never (same as nil but without any preview) >> - t (the improved version with navigation etc...) >> >> I don't know if you want to restore previous behavior (emacs-29), if so this patch >> will apply against the previous one. >> (0001-Don-t-confirm-with-RET-even-when-overwriting-in-regi.patch). > > Thank you for all your efforts in this matter. > > I asked on emacs-devel that people try this and your previous > proposal, and provide opinions. (Those CC'ed here are also invited, > of course.) Let's wait for their responses for a couple of days > before we make the decision how to proceed. Thanks, there is no hurry, let me know if something else is needed, I will make the needed changes in NEWS and regs.texi once the changes will be accepted. -- Thierry