[திங்கள் அக்டோபர் 07, 2024] Tassilo Horn wrote: > Visuwesh writes: > >>>> Maybe it would also a good idea to use a :stderr buffer with >>>> make-process and put its contents into the imenu-unavailable-error. >>>> That way, chances are better we get the reason for failure delivered >>>> in bug reports. >>> >>> I do not think it is worth the trouble since only syntax errors are >>> likely to surface up in stderr which would be very unlikely. If the >>> PDF file does not have an outline, there would be nothing printed by >>> our script so end-of-file error should catch that case. >> >> Actually, this wasn't quite correct I think. We would have stray > in >> the buffer and read would return the symbol >. I corrected that in >> the attached. > > The patch looks good. But during testing, it seems that the index is > always off by one page, i.e., the index for some section brings me to > page 117 but the section heading is actually on page 118. > > I have that both with the Peter Atkins et al. book you suggested as well > as with own papers which didn't work at all previously due to #nameddest > references. Ugghhh, looks like the page number returned by the JS function is zero-indexed. Thanks for the catch (and sorry for the many mistakes and hence the back-and-forth). Should be corrected in the attached patch.