all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mixed-height lines & partially displayed cursor
@ 2002-09-09  5:47 Thomas Morgan
From: Thomas Morgan @ 2002-09-09  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Execute `xrdb -remove', then run GNU Emacs 21.3.50.5
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2002-09-09
with the options -q --no-site-file --geometry=80x12.

The geometry must be 80x12 for this test case.  (That is the correct
value when it is specified on the command line.  However, I am using
the Sawfish window manager, and if I start to resize the frame,
a box appears which indicates that the current size is 84x14.)

Type this sexp in *scratch*.

  (let ((line "lose\n"))
    (erase-buffer)
    (insert line)
    (set-text-properties 0 (length line) '(face (:height 1.2)) line)
    (insert line))

Evaluate it with C-x C-e.  Now the window looks like this:

   lose
   *lose*
   -!-

(I use *stars* to show a larger face, and -!- to represent the cursor.)

Type C-x 2.  The window splits into two, and the cursor is partially
visible on the third line of the top window.  It is invisible in the
bottom window.

In a moment, the two loses become three, like this:

   lose *lose*
   *lose*-!-
   --:**  *scratch*    Bot L3
   lose *lose*
   *lose*
   -!-
   --:**  *scratch*    All L3

Is this the right mailing list for bug reports about the development
version of Emacs?  Or is it better not to report bugs in that version?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-09  5:47 UTC | newest]