all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Make my own file mode??
@ 2005-08-03 21:06 Paminu
From: Paminu @ 2005-08-03 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw

I have downloaded different .el files that gets activated when I start
writing ie C, sql etc.

Is it possible to make these files on my own? I use FVWM window manager and
would like to make a mode for the .fvwm2rc file, any good hints on how to
get started?

* Re: Make my own file mode??
@ 2005-08-03 21:15 ` rgb
From: rgb @ 2005-08-03 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw

Paminu wrote:
> I have downloaded different .el files that gets activated when I start
> writing ie C, sql etc.
>
> Is it possible to make these files on my own? I use FVWM window manager and
> would like to make a mode for the .fvwm2rc file, any good hints on how to
> get started?

Both the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp-manual/
and the Emacs Wiki have a wealth of information on the subject.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CreateNewMajorMode
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryCode

* Re: Make my own file mode??
@ 2005-08-03 21:59 ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2005-08-03 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw

> I use FVWM window manager and would like to make a mode for the
> .fvwm2rc file, any good hints on how to get started?

Add this line to your .emacs file:

(require 'generic-x)

And then use `fvwm-generic-mode' to edit your .fvwm2rc file.

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: Make my own file mode??
@ 2005-08-04 10:54 ` William XWL
From: William XWL @ 2005-08-04 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw

Paminu <jadajada@asd.com> writes:

> I have downloaded different .el files that gets activated when I start
> writing ie C, sql etc.
>
> Is it possible to make these files on my own? I use FVWM window manager and
> would like to make a mode for the .fvwm2rc file, any good hints on how to
> get started?

There's fvwm-mode.el.

--
William