all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* scrolling simultaneously 2 buffers in 2 windows
@ 2009-04-28 14:02 mag_dex
From: mag_dex @ 2009-04-28 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hey,

I'm wonder if there is way to scroll (browser) to files (buffers) in 2
different windows (one up and another at the bottom) that I can scoll
(move) down in up window and it scroll(move) down simultaneously.

one file
A #
----
second file
A #

i go down by C-n

and will get:
B #
----
second file
B #

# - cursor

I think you catch my point.

M.

* Re: scrolling simultaneously 2 buffers in 2 windows
@ 2009-04-28 17:20 ` Xiao-Yong Jin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2009-04-28 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

mag_dex <magnus.ntips@gmail.com> writes:

> hey,
>
> I'm wonder if there is way to scroll (browser) to files (buffers) in 2
> different windows (one up and another at the bottom) that I can scoll
> (move) down in up window and it scroll(move) down simultaneously.

You might want to take a look at the two-column minor mode.
--
    c/*    __o/*
    <\     * (__

* Re: scrolling simultaneously 2 buffers in 2 windows
@ 2009-04-28 19:17 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.6229.1240988335.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-04-28 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: mag_dex; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.04.2009 um 16:02 schrieb mag_dex:

> I'm wonder if there is way to scroll (browser) to files (buffers) in 2
> different windows (one up and another at the bottom) that I can scoll
> (move) down in up window and it scroll(move) down simultaneously.

Combine scroll-down and scroll-other-window-down to a function and
bind it to one key press and also scroll-up and scroll-other-window
to another!

--
Greetings
   Pete

When Richard Stallman goes to the loo, he core dumps.

* Re: scrolling simultaneously 2 buffers in 2 windows
@ 2009-04-29  6:58 ` Stephen Berman
       [not found] ` <mailman.6229.1240988335.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Stephen Berman @ 2009-04-29  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:02:53 -0700 (PDT) mag_dex <magnus.ntips@gmail.com> wrote:

> hey,
>
> I'm wonder if there is way to scroll (browser) to files (buffers) in 2
> different windows (one up and another at the bottom) that I can scoll
> (move) down in up window and it scroll(move) down simultaneously.

M-x scroll-all-mode
,----
| scroll-all-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `scroll-all.el'.
|
| (scroll-all-mode &optional arg)
|
| Toggle Scroll-All minor mode.
| With arg, turn Scroll-All minor mode on if arg is positive, off otherwise.
| When Scroll-All mode is on, scrolling commands entered in one window
| apply to all visible windows in the same frame.
`----

Steve Berman

@ 2009-04-29  7:21   ` mag_dex
From: mag_dex @ 2009-04-29  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw