all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-19 12:14 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-19 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
been published in

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

* Re: emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-19 12:40 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2010-07-19 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 14:14, Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:

> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

As your binaries are non-optimized builds for testing purposes, may I
suggest building with new option --enable-checking from now on?
(Assuming you weren't already defining ENABLE_CHECKING and XASSERTS by
hand).

    Juanma

* Re: emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-19 13:01   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-19 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-emacs-windows; +Cc: emacs-devel

    As your binaries are non-optimized builds for testing purposes, may I
    suggest building with new option --enable-checking from now on?
    (Assuming you weren't already defining ENABLE_CHECKING and XASSERTS by
    hand).

Certainly, thank you for the suggestion.

I just did `configure --help'; how do I score more elaborate
information?

* Re: emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-19 13:24     ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-19 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

        As your binaries are non-optimized builds for testing purposes, may I
        suggest building with new option --enable-checking from now on?
        (Assuming you weren't already defining ENABLE_CHECKING and XASSERTS by
        hand).

    Certainly, thank you for the suggestion.

    I just did `configure --help'; how do I score more elaborate
    information?

Um, I found it in NEWS.23.  Please ignore ...

* Re: emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-28 20:48 ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2010-07-28 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-emacs-windows; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Sean Sieger" <sean.sieger@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Sean, thanks a lot for providing these builds!

It seems they are built without image support though. At least I can't view
png files. Do you omit image support on purpose or may I ask for adding it
the next time you provide a build?

Regards
Martin

* Re: emacs-20100719 windows binaries
@ 2010-07-29 19:05   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-07-29 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-emacs-windows; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Martin Stemplinger" <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

    "Sean Sieger" <sean.sieger@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
    > been published in
    >
    > http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

    Sean, thanks a lot for providing these builds!

    It seems they are built without image support though. At least I can't
    view png files. Do you omit image support on purpose or may I ask for
    adding it the next time you provide a build?

You're welcome.

Yep.  It turns out I didn't know what I was doing ... it'll be right on
Monday.

Thank you for your patience.