all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ls-lisp to sort directories first
@ 2010-08-03 20:45 Joseph Brenner
From: Joseph Brenner @ 2010-08-03 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does this still work?  I haven't seen it work since emacs 21 or so:

  (load-library "ls-lisp")
  (setq ls-lisp-dirs-first t)

This is supposed to essentially sort on file type first, and name (or
whatever) second, so you get all the directories up at the top of the
listing, and the files grouped together at the bottom.

Note: I'm running:

  GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1) of
  2010-07-01 on fineline

* Re: ls-lisp to sort directories first
@ 2010-08-03 22:16 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2010-08-03 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Joseph Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu> writes:

> Does this still work?  I haven't seen it work since emacs 21 or so:
>
>   (load-library "ls-lisp")
>   (setq ls-lisp-dirs-first t)
>
> This is supposed to essentially sort on file type first, and name (or
> whatever) second, so you get all the directories up at the top of the
> listing, and the files grouped together at the bottom.
>
> Note: I'm running:
>
>   GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1) of
>   2010-07-01 on fineline

I'm running emacs 24 and it appears to work for me. I have the follwoing
in my .emacs

 '(ls-lisp-dirs-first t)
 '(ls-lisp-use-insert-directory-program nil)
 '(ls-lisp-use-localized-time-format t)

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au