(second try for this, the first one I posted through Gmane disappeared) Attached is a patch which: - adds optional SEMICOLONS and KEEP-EMPTY to `url-build-query-string' to separate parameters with semicolons and to keep empty values - fixes `url-parse-query-string' to understand the '=' is not required in a parameter - adds ERT tests for `url-build-query-string' and `url-parse-query-string' Ian, if you could look it over, I'd appreciate it. In particular if you think KEEP-EMPTY should be the default or if you see any other problems... Thanks Ted