all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Couple of automation questions
@ 2011-07-27  5:31 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-07-27  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a situation where I need to "beautify" a log file quite often. I need
to do the same set of steps.
What is the recommended best practices for the following approaches -
1. Keyboard Macro
What is the way to save the macro to disk? Do we open a new buffer (or a
buffer that contains all keyboard macros) and then insert it there and save
it?

2. Scripting
Whats the recommended way to get started with scripting? Do I open up a
buffer and start typing? I dont seem to get function name completion in a
new buffer.

Regards,
Kashyap