On Sat, Jul 30 2011, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote: > 1. Are you even tried to do such in real live (tunnel X11 through > SSH)? Not in laboratory environment and fast LAN, but in the real > live, through not so fast channels and with server in a some another > country? Hint: I tried and found that 3 seconds for redraw Open File > dialog is too much for me. Yes. Did you read my email? I just said it is possible, not that it is a good and usable solution.¹ So: did you try to tunnel HTML in real life? Hint: I'm sure you do it every day. ¹ Note that it would probably a lot more if Emacs and its dependency were using X asynchronous with XCB. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info