all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mode line
@ 2012-08-09  2:39 drain
From: drain @ 2012-08-09  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

I'd like to remove the buffer name from the mode line. What do I add to my
.emacs?

* Re: mode line
@ 2012-08-09  4:03 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2012-08-09  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drain; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

drain <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to remove the buffer name from the mode line. What do I add to my
> .emacs?

Customize variable mode-line-format by removing
mode-line-buffer-identification.

* Re: mode line
@ 2012-08-09 11:04   ` Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2012-08-09 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: drain, Help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Customize variable mode-line-format by removing
> mode-line-buffer-identification.

I don't understand why you'd do that but here you go, add this to your
.emacs and it should work:

(setq mode-line-format (remove 'mode-line-buffer-identification
mode-line-format))

* Re: mode line
@ 2012-08-09 16:27     ` drain
From: drain @ 2012-08-09 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

I set the file name to display in the title bar. There's no reason to have it
displayed in two places at once.

Anyway, thanks for the help.