all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ibuffer-do-view-other-frame not using other frame
@ 2014-11-23  8:41 Matthias Pfeifer
From: Matthias Pfeifer @ 2014-11-23  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

this is a queston about ibuffer:

In ibuffer "H" is bound by default to "ibuffer-do-view-other-frame". The help text tells me

> It is bound to H, <menu-bar> <operate> <do-view-other-frame>.
>
> (ibuffer-do-view-other-frame)
>
> View each of the marked buffers in a separate frame.

I expect that the command opens a new frame and shows the marked buffer there. However if i mark a buffer by pressing "m" then press "H". The marked buffer is shown in the current frame replacing the window showing ibuffer. However calling "ibuffer-visit-buffer-other-frame" on any buffer operates as expected and opens a new frame for showing. Is there somthing wrong about my understanding of ibuffer-do-view-other-frame? Is there something freaky in my setup? I have not customized ibuffer at all...

Matthias

* Re: ibuffer-do-view-other-frame not using other frame
@ 2014-11-23 11:22 ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-23 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Matthias Pfeifer <mpfeifer77@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> this is a queston about ibuffer:
>
> In ibuffer "H" is bound by default to "ibuffer-do-view-other-frame". The help text tells me
>
>> It is bound to H, <menu-bar> <operate> <do-view-other-frame>.
>>
>> (ibuffer-do-view-other-frame)
>>
>> View each of the marked buffers in a separate frame.
>
> I expect that the command opens a new frame and shows the marked
> buffer there. However if i mark a buffer by pressing "m" then press
> "H". The marked buffer is shown in the current frame replacing the
> window showing ibuffer. However calling
> "ibuffer-visit-buffer-other-frame" on any buffer operates as expected

I'm confirming above even with Emacs-25 -Q, would you like to do do a
bug report?

    Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: ibuffer-do-view-other-frame not using other frame
@ 2014-11-27  7:29   ` M. Pfeifer
From: M. Pfeifer @ 2014-11-27  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Dieter,

Am 23.11.2014 um 12:22 schrieb H. Dieter Wilhelm:
> <snip> would you like to do do a bug report? Dieter

I did a bug report: bug#19195

matthias