all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* seq-group-by returns groups in wrong order?
@ 2015-02-08  1:17 Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2015-02-08  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

The groups returned by seq-group-by are reversed, is this intended
behaviour?

(seq-group-by #'oddp [1 2 3 4 5])
;; => ((t 5 3 1) (nil 4 2))

I was expecting ((t 1 3 5) (nil 2 4)) to be returned. This is seq.el
from elpa, version 1.1.

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier

* Re: seq-group-by returns groups in wrong order?
@ 2015-02-08 10:50 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-02-08 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The groups returned by seq-group-by are reversed, is this intended
> behaviour?
>
> (seq-group-by #'oddp [1 2 3 4 5])
> ;; => ((t 5 3 1) (nil 4 2))
>
> I was expecting ((t 1 3 5) (nil 2 4)) to be returned. This is seq.el
> from elpa, version 1.1.

Indeed, it would be much better. I will fix it as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

* Re: seq-group-by returns groups in wrong order?
@ 2015-02-09 12:21 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-02-09 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The groups returned by seq-group-by are reversed, is this intended
> behaviour?
>
> (seq-group-by #'oddp [1 2 3 4 5])
> ;; => ((t 5 3 1) (nil 4 2))
>
> I was expecting ((t 1 3 5) (nil 2 4)) to be returned. This is seq.el
> from elpa, version 1.1.

I updated it both in Emacs master and GNU ELPA, and bumped the version
number to 1.1.1.

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

* Re: seq-group-by returns groups in wrong order?
@ 2015-02-10 20:31   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2015-02-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2015-02-09 13:21 Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The groups returned by seq-group-by are reversed, is this intended
>> behaviour?
>>
>> (seq-group-by #'oddp [1 2 3 4 5])
>> ;; => ((t 5 3 1) (nil 4 2))
>>
>> I was expecting ((t 1 3 5) (nil 2 4)) to be returned. This is seq.el
>> from elpa, version 1.1.
>
> I updated it both in Emacs master and GNU ELPA, and bumped the version
> number to 1.1.1.

I just tested the new version and found it only works with lists, but
not with vectors or strings. This seems to be because (seq-)reverse only
operates on lists.

Regards,
--

@ 2015-02-11 13:38     ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-02-11 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:

> On 2015-02-09 13:21 Nicolas Petton wrote:
>> Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The groups returned by seq-group-by are reversed, is this intended
>>> behaviour?
>>>
>>> (seq-group-by #'oddp [1 2 3 4 5])
>>> ;; => ((t 5 3 1) (nil 4 2))
>>>
>>> I was expecting ((t 1 3 5) (nil 2 4)) to be returned. This is seq.el
>>> from elpa, version 1.1.
>>
>> I updated it both in Emacs master and GNU ELPA, and bumped the version
>> number to 1.1.1.
>
> I just tested the new version and found it only works with lists, but
> not with vectors or strings. This seems to be because (seq-)reverse only
> operates on lists.

Yes, I'm adding a backward-compatible version of seq-reverse for
Emacs 24.

Cheers,
Nico
--