all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get rid of horizontal 1 pixel line under the mode line?
@ 2015-04-21 19:34 Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2015-04-21 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

The title is self-explanatory.  Attaching the screenshot for clarity.
Notice the 1 pixel horizontal line under the text in mode line.

Kind regards,
Alexander

[-- Attachment #2: Emacs.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 13928 bytes --]

* Re: How to get rid of horizontal 1 pixel line under the mode line?
@ 2015-04-21 19:54 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-04-21 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:34:46 +0200
> From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
>
> The title is self-explanatory.  Attaching the screenshot for clarity.
> Notice the 1 pixel horizontal line under the text in mode line.

There's no such line in my "emacs -Q".  Try reviewing your
customizations, in particular those that are related to the mode line.

* Re: How to get rid of horizontal 1 pixel line under the mode line?
@ 2015-04-21 20:38 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2015-04-21 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com> writes:

> The title is self-explanatory.  Attaching the screenshot for clarity.
> Notice the 1 pixel horizontal line under the text in mode line.

Are you using the solarized theme? The line comes from there, IIRC. It
is used for differentiating the mode line from the text below (the
minibuffer and/or the text on the window below, if it exists.)

* Re: How to get rid of horizontal 1 pixel line under the mode line?
@ 2015-04-28 19:24   ` Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2015-04-28 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Yes, I solved it with

  (set-face-attribute 'mode-line nil
                      :overline  'unspecified
                      :underline 'unspecified)

  (set-face-attribute 'mode-line-inactive nil
                      :overline  'unspecified
                      :underline 'unspecified)

I feel like the box around it is more than enough to differentiate  ;)

Regards,
Alexander