all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using Find File At Point` with IDO
@ 2015-07-14  8:57 Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2015-07-14  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can you have *Find File At Point* commands use IDO commands when there
is neither a file nor a directory at point?  The following code should
accomplish such behaviour, shouldn't it?

(ido-mode)

(require 'ffap)
(setq ffap-file-finder 'ido-find-file)
(setq ffap-directory-finder 'ido-dired)
(ffap-bindings)

Yet, neither `C-x C-f (find-file-at-point)` nor `C-x d
(dired-at-point)` call the corresponding IDO command.

Thank you.

* Re: Using Find File At Point` with IDO
@ 2015-07-14 14:39 ` Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo @ 2015-07-14 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Raffaele Ricciardi writes:

> Can you have *Find File At Point* commands use IDO commands when
> there is neither a file nor a directory at point?  The following
> code should accomplish such behaviour, shouldn't it?
>
> (ido-mode)
>
> (require 'ffap) (setq ffap-file-finder 'ido-find-file) (setq
> ffap-directory-finder 'ido-dired) (ffap-bindings)
>
> Yet, neither `C-x C-f (find-file-at-point)` nor `C-x d
> (dired-at-point)` call the corresponding IDO command.
>
> Thank you.

(ffap-bindings) redefines the keybindings, so calling it after ido
will change the keybindings that ido had. This works for me for
files (I open directories with C-x C-f C-j):

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (ido-mode)
  (setq ido-use-url-at-point t)
  (setq ido-use-filename-at-point 'guess)