all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* separate compilation frame
@ 2015-12-23 15:13 Ken Goldman
From: Ken Goldman @ 2015-12-23 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In emacs 23.1.1, my *compilation* window goes into a separate frame.
next-error goes to the line of source in a different frame.

In 24.5.1, the compilation window goes into a split frame.  Even when I
unsplit the frame, next-error splits it again.

How do I get the emacs 23 behavior - a single compilation frame that
never splits?

I've seen people post elisp code to get the 23 behavior, but my
intuition is that the customization is already there somewhere, and the
default just changed from 23 to 24.

[parent not found: <mailman.455.1450883605.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]