This command is meant to do the same as `insert-char' does. The only issue is that the built-in `ucs-names' variable, which is offered for completion, includes around 40000 entries. Maybe there should be a way for the user to turn off the Unicode ranges she's never interested in (see the division of ranges in the `nxml-unicode-blocks' variable). In the included screenshot, I've already disabled some ranges that aren't interesting for me - my font doesn't have glyphs for a large portion of these. Another issue I've found when shortly examining the Unicode table is that it provides these three categories: 1. Plain letters, 2. Composition characters, like COMBINING GRAVE ACCENT, COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT etc., 3 Plain letters pre-combined with the above composition chars. So maybe the user should decide if she prefers to have 1+2 or 1+3 or 1+2+3, the latter option significantly increasing the number of completion candidates (by around 2500). Oleh