Marcin Borkowski writes: > On 2016-01-25, at 16:37, Richard Stallman wrote: >> That is useless in practice, because it requires users to know these >> long and often obscure names. When I wanted to do this, I was unable >> to do it with C-x 8. I was totally stumped! All I could do was try >> to find a file which had the character I wanted. >> > Have you heard about autocompletion? Here is the current capability of `counsel-unicode-char' which is included in the GNU ELPA swiper package. Note how the regex boundaries "\b" are used to closely match the letter "a".