all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using comment character in comint prompt without entering a comment
@ 2016-06-03  7:01 Alex
From: Alex @ 2016-06-03  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I would like to use a comment character in the comint prompt without
causing the following characters to be commented out. Is there an easy
way to achieve this?

For example, if my IELM prompt was "ELISP;> ", then all characters
including and after ";" are font-locked with `font-lock-comment-face'. I
would like that the comment characters have no special meaning in the
prompt.

PS: The comment delimiters in IELM don't have the
`font-lock-comment-delimiter-face` face. Is this supposed to be the
case?

* Re: Using comment character in comint prompt without entering a comment
@ 2016-09-12  5:13 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2016-09-12  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Alex <agrambot@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to use a comment character in the comint prompt without
> causing the following characters to be commented out. Is there an easy
> way to achieve this?
>
> For example, if my IELM prompt was "ELISP;> ", then all characters
> including and after ";" are font-locked with `font-lock-comment-face'. I
> would like that the comment characters have no special meaning in the
> prompt.
>
> PS: The comment delimiters in IELM don't have the
> `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face` face. Is this supposed to be the
> case?

Any help would be appreciated.