On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 17:38:24 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Thanks, but please include in the patch the necessary changes for > etc/NEWS and for the user manual. On Cts, Ağu 27 2016 at 12:16:39 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > Göktuğ Kayaalp wrote: >> You're welcome, I'll be able to send that in tomorrow, on this thread. > > Thanks. Also, please change the argument of electric--insertable-p from string > to character. This function is private so it's OK to change the API. This new (attached) patch satisfies both of your requests, and fixes my use of functions from cl.el. ‘electric--insertable-p’ now accepts either a string or a character, and makes a one-char string if given a single character, as inside the function the argument is passed to another function that needs a string. On a side note, I guess the build system should require a certain minimum version for the texinfo compiler (I only read info, so IDK which program), as while the build goes fine with the default texinfo 4.8 on my FreeBSD 10.3, the end result renders multibyte characters as octal escape sequences (all okay when I installed 6.1 from ports). ‘doc/emacs/docstyle.texi’ from 25.1-rc2 has this: @c Emacs documentation style settings @documentencoding UTF-8 @c These two require Texinfo 5.0 or later, so we use the older @c equivalent @set variables supported in 4.11 and hence Build doesn't fail but says "unrecognised encoding UTF-8". -- İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp. http://gkayaalp.com/