martin rudalics writes: >> I've tested Robert's patch now, and the horizontal scroll bars are >> painted in the right place. > > Thanks. Good. Git patch below. >> The area where the scroll bars "meet" is currently blank which looks >> weird but I'm not sure it's related. > > Do you see the same effect with scaling turned off? > >> The frame is still resized to have fewer lines each time I turn >> vertical scroll bars on or off. > > Does the frame resizing happen with horizontal scroll bars disabled > too? Yes. > Does it happen without scaling? No. Robert