all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* After updating Emacs, images no longer fit the window
@ 2017-12-12 14:35 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2017-12-12 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I compiled Emacs from master today, and I noticed that when I open an
image file (png or jpg), it is no longer scaled to fit the window.  How
do I enable such autoscaling again?  Or should I report a bug?

GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.26)
of 2017-12-12

commit 8c5be9c

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski

* Re: After updating Emacs, images no longer fit the window
       [not found] <mailman.5595.1513089410.27995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2017-12-12 15:52 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2017-12-12 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I compiled Emacs from master today, and I noticed that when I open an
> image file (png or jpg), it is no longer scaled to fit the window.  How
> do I enable such autoscaling again?  Or should I report a bug?

I would guess that that means that your Emacs isn't compiled with
ImageMagick support.

* Re: After updating Emacs, images no longer fit the window
@ 2017-12-12 16:37 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2017-12-12 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> I compiled Emacs from master today, and I noticed that when I open an
> image file (png or jpg), it is no longer scaled to fit the window.  How
> do I enable such autoscaling again?

Crystal ball (no warranty) says:

Your system updated to ImageMagick 7, which Emacs does not support.

https://debbugs.gnu.org/25967

* Re: After updating Emacs, images no longer fit the window
@ 2017-12-12 17:14   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2017-12-12 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-12-12, at 17:37, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> I compiled Emacs from master today, and I noticed that when I open an
>> image file (png or jpg), it is no longer scaled to fit the window.  How
>> do I enable such autoscaling again?
>
> Crystal ball (no warranty) says:
>
> Your system updated to ImageMagick 7, which Emacs does not support.
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/25967

You're right, thanks!

--

@ 2017-12-12 17:17   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2017-12-12 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-12-12, at 16:52, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> I compiled Emacs from master today, and I noticed that when I open an
>> image file (png or jpg), it is no longer scaled to fit the window.  How
>> do I enable such autoscaling again?  Or should I report a bug?
>
> I would guess that that means that your Emacs isn't compiled with
> ImageMagick support.

Seems so.  Upgrade of IM to v7 is the culprit.  Thanks!

--

@ 2017-12-20  5:30     ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2017-12-20  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Me too, seems Org-mode specify fixed size of image does not work now.