On Sun 07 Jan 2018 at 17:42, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> A proper generalization of 'smtp-try-auth-method' is easy, of >> course. All you need is to split the test into functions, eg >> 'smtp-try-plain-auth-method', 'smtp-try-login-auth-method', etc, and >> then have 'smtp-try-auth-method' simply call >> 'smtp-try--auth-method.' Then anybody would be able to define >> their own and just add them to the 'smtpmail-auth-supported' list. > > How 'bout just making smtpmail-try-auth-method into a generic function, > so you can do > > (cl-defmethod smtpmail-try-auth-method > (process (mech (eql xoauth2)) user password) > ...) Sure, that works too, and is arguably better. I don't see many of those around, so I assumed that the "hardcoded function name convention" was the "Emacs way" (see, for example, auth-source itself). I can probably work on making that happen some time this week if there are no objections. -- Cesar Crusius