[Sorry, Alex, for sending this to you twice - I accidentally made my last message a narrow, rather than wide, reply.] Alex Branham writes: > Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Thanks for working on this. > Here's a patch that implements `flatten-tree' which always returns a > list and recurses into conses. Given Emacs' recursive limitations, wouldn't an iterative implementation be better? For instance, the following currently blows max-specpdl-size: (length (flatten-tree (make-list 800 nil))) How about something like the following?