all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#33735: filenotify-test failures
@ 2018-12-14  2:07 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2018-12-14  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33735

Package: emacs
Version: 27.0.50
Severity: minor

Since the Emacs jobs on hydra.nixos.org were upgraded to NixOS 18.09,
two filenotify tests are failing:

1. file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote
  (string-match "another text" "any text")

2. file-notify-test08-backup-remote
  "Received events do not match expected events"

Ref eg https://hydra.nixos.org/build/85857843

* bug#33735: filenotify-test failures
@ 2018-12-18 18:21 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2018-12-18 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33735

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Since the Emacs jobs on hydra.nixos.org were upgraded to NixOS 18.09,
> two filenotify tests are failing:
>
> 1. file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote
>   (string-match "another text" "any text")
>
> 2. file-notify-test08-backup-remote
>   "Received events do not match expected events"

file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote now passes, since the change from
https://debbugs.gnu.org/33781#18. The other still fails.

* bug#33735: filenotify-test failures
@ 2018-12-21 13:00   ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2018-12-21 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 33735

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

>> Since the Emacs jobs on hydra.nixos.org were upgraded to NixOS 18.09,
>> two filenotify tests are failing:
>>
>> 1. file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote
>>   (string-match "another text" "any text")
>>
>> 2. file-notify-test08-backup-remote
>>   "Received events do not match expected events"

Likely, this has been uncovered because the changes in NixOS let Tramp
find the "gio" command. I suspect "gvfs-monitor-dir" was used before
that change.

> file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote now passes, since the change from
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/33781#18. The other still fails.

I could reproduce it locally. Pushed a fix to master, which solves the
problem in file-notify-test08-backup-remote for me. Let's watch hydra.

Best regards, Michael.