Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" >> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:09:14 +0000 >> Cc: 35021@debbugs.gnu.org, Stephen Leake , >> Ɓukasz Stelmach >> >> > From a clean `emacs -Q` start: >> > >> > 1. Move point up to the bottom line of the *scratch* buffer comments >> > 2. Type M-^ (or M-x delete-indentation) >> > 3. Observe the following message in the minibuffer: >> > The mark is not set now, so there is no region >> >> This is because delete-indentation is currently using the 'r' >> interactive code, which barfs if the region is inactive. >> >> I attach a patch which fixes this and also updates the entry for >> delete-indentation in the Elisp manual. Is it acceptable? > > Looks OK to me, please push. Thanks, but my last patch only fixed the bug with the interactive spec, and I have since discovered and fixed a few more edge-cases (including that reported by Alex in bug#35036). I attach the updated patch. Can I push this one instead? > Alex, this will also solve your bug report, right? If now, why not? My last patch didn't address bug#35036. Whereas bug#35021 is caused by a wrong interactive spec, bug#35036 is caused by a wrong loop condition. The attached patch should fix both issues (and a couple more). Thanks, -- Basil