Noam Postavsky writes: > It's best to avoid using hashes in commit messages, as they're > translated to ChangeLog files which might read from the tarball (i.e., > without a git repo to hand). CONTRIBUTE talks about using "action > stamps" but I think date+title is more readable. Which would be: > 2019-04-29 "Refrain from splicing anonymous faces in text properties". Ah, right, didn't think of the children^WChangeLog. I went for date+title. Can e.g. git-show(1) understand action stamps? I glanced at gitrevisions(7) but nothing suggests Git knows anything about this format. It sure would make a hypothetical vc-revision-at-point command easier to implement… (Or, going the opposite route, maybe the git-log-to-ChangeLog machinery could translate hashes to action stamps?) >> +(provide 'font-lock-tests) > > I don't think there is any reason to `provide' a feature in a test file > (I know some other test files do that, but I don't see why), test files > are generally not loaded via require. Done.