Mattias EngdegÄrd writes: > The function-complete ry has been put at > https://gitlab.com/mattiase/ry for the time being. It should now be > entirely compatible, including support for `rx-constituents'. Your > proposed `literal' was also added, which was instructive; I needed to > know how it would fit in. Cool, I'll take a look. > Noam, unless the consensus is that ry is unequivocally as good or > better than rx, you could just as well apply your patch (suitably > fixed up). Even if later replaced, there is nothing fundamentally > wrong with the design; let's not hold it hostage. Sure. Here's the patch with regexp-quote change to literal, and rx--compile-to-lisp renamed. I'll wait a bit more and push this weekend if there are no more comments.