Alan Mackenzie writes: > Just as a matter of interest, I commented out the pertinent form in > emacs-lisp-mode, did a make bootstrap, emacs -Q, and elec-pair.elc was > still present in my Emacs. :-( > > I don't know why, or how, but it is. With your patch (below), have you > tested whether or not elec-pair.elc hasn't been loaded on starting > Emacs? If it hasn't been loaded, you've found some trick that eludes > me. How are you checking? M-: (featurep 'elec-pair) RET returns nil for me. Assuming you have help-enable-completion-auto-load set to t (the default), it's pretty easy to load various things just by hitting TAB in response to describe-function or describe-variable. >> + (add-hook 'electric-pair-mode-hook #'emacs-lisp-set-electric-text-pairs t) > > Shouldn't that be .....-text pairs nil t), to make a local value of the > ^^^ > hook? The remove-hook (above) seems to be expecting a local value. Oops, yes, thanks for catching that. >> + (setq-local electric-quote-string t) >> (setq imenu-case-fold-search nil) >> (add-function :before-until (local 'eldoc-documentation-function) >> #'elisp-eldoc-documentation-function) >> -- >> 2.11.0 >> > > As a matter of interest, what is that 2.11.0 that I keep seeing at the > bottom of patches? Looks like 'git format-patch' adds the git version at the bottom. $ git --version git version 2.11.0