I hope someone with more expertise in this code can review and possibly improve this patch. Recently I got this error message when trying to send a GPG-signed message: "Couldn't find any signer names. Perhaps `mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender' should be set?" However, `mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender' was already set to t (the actual problem lies elsewhere and I'm still debugging it). Since Emacs can know that `mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender' is set, there's no reason for the error message to send the user down the wrong road. The attached patch conditionalizes the error message accordingly. I believe this patch could be improved by offering the user more advice if a signer cannot be found. For example, maybe the user should look at setting `mm-sign-option' to `guided'? However, I am not an expert in this; my setup (with `mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender' set to t) had been working fine for years and then suddenly broke, so I'm now debugging. It's just that near the beginning of my debugging, Emacs presented me with a misleading error message -- hence this patch, so others can at least avoid that false start. Further suggestions or improvements welcome. Best regards, -Karl