all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-01-31  8:42 stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2020-01-31  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Help, tzz

Recently I found a problem when using auth-source, I've been prompted to input
password to decrypt auth-source whcih serect file is ecrypted by GnuPG, I use
EasyPG in Emacs.

I want to know what invoked auth-source. Maybe I can add an advice on some
function to know what Emacs extension or function invoked. (Maybe this should be
done on EasyPG side?)

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

* Re: [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-01-31  9:27 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2020-01-31  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stardiviner; +Cc: Emacs Help, tzz

    stardiviner> Recently I found a problem when using auth-source, I've been prompted to input
    stardiviner> password to decrypt auth-source whcih serect file is ecrypted by GnuPG, I use
    stardiviner> EasyPG in Emacs.

    stardiviner> I want to know what invoked auth-source. Maybe I can add an advice on some
    stardiviner> function to know what Emacs extension or function invoked. (Maybe this should be
    stardiviner> done on EasyPG side?)

edebug on `auth-source-search'?

Robert

* Re: [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-01-31 13:04   ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2020-01-31 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: Emacs Help, Ted Zlatanov

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 04:27, Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

>     stardiviner> I want to know what invoked auth-source. Maybe I can add an advice on some
>     stardiviner> function to know what Emacs extension or function invoked. (Maybe this should be
>     stardiviner> done on EasyPG side?)
>
> edebug on `auth-source-search'?

Just to see callers, M-x debug-on-entry might be easier to use.

* Re: [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-01-31 16:30 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-01-31 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Recently I found a problem when using auth-source, I've been prompted to input
> password to decrypt auth-source whcih serect file is ecrypted by GnuPG, I use
> EasyPG in Emacs.
>
> I want to know what invoked auth-source. Maybe I can add an advice on some
> function to know what Emacs extension or function invoked. (Maybe this should be
> done on EasyPG side?)

Beside using `M-x debug-on-entry` on some appropriate auth-source
function before re-triggering the problem, you might also be able to use
`M-: (debug)` when you're prompted for the password.

* Re: [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-02-01  6:18   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2020-02-01  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> Recently I found a problem when using auth-source, I've been prompted to input
>> password to decrypt auth-source whcih serect file is ecrypted by GnuPG, I use
>> EasyPG in Emacs.
>>
>> I want to know what invoked auth-source. Maybe I can add an advice on some
>> function to know what Emacs extension or function invoked. (Maybe this should be
>> done on EasyPG side?)
>
> Beside using `M-x debug-on-entry` on some appropriate auth-source
> function before re-triggering the problem, you might also be able to use
> `M-: (debug)` when you're prompted for the password.
>

>         Stefan

This is useful, thanks Stefan.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning what I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

* [SOLVED] Re: [Question] I want to know what invoked auth-source
@ 2020-02-01  6:24     ` stardiviner