all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-07-09 20:33 Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2020-07-09 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
thread. Is there a feature flag for it?

Currently, I use `/ o` [gnus-summary-insert-old-articles]. It doesn't
find my replies in the thread at point reliably.

Best,
--
Narendra Joshi

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-07-10  9:26 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-07-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thursday,  9 Jul 2020 at 22:33, Narendra Joshi wrote:
> I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
> thread. Is there a feature flag for it?

Is this in a news group or an email group?  If the latter, maybe your
replies are going somewhere else (another group for that server)?  Check
the setting for GCC for that group ("G c" when on the group line).  If a
news group, maybe try "A T" when on a message in that group.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-07-10 16:51   ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2020-07-10 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> On Thursday,  9 Jul 2020 at 22:33, Narendra Joshi wrote:
>> I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
>> thread. Is there a feature flag for it?
>
> Is this in a news group or an email group?  If the latter, maybe your
> replies are going somewhere else (another group for that server)?

The value for GCC seems to be this:

[ ] GCC: [Value Menu] To current group
    Specify default value for GCC header. Hide

> Check the setting for GCC for that group ("G c" when on the group
> line).  If a news group, maybe try "A T" when on a message in that
> group.
Thanks for the tip. "A T" works better. It would have been better if I
could see the whole thread starting from the root. "A T" shows me only
those articles that are encountered from the current article to the
root.

@ 2020-07-11 12:01     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-07-11 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narendra Joshi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Friday, 10 Jul 2020 at 18:51, Narendra Joshi wrote:
> The value for GCC seems to be this:
>
> [ ] GCC: [Value Menu] To current group
>     Specify default value for GCC header. Hide

But this isn't "ticked" so I don't know where your own emails will end
up.  You probably want to tick this option.  Do you see a GCC line in
the header of your emails when you compose your replies?

--
: Professor Eric S Fraga; use plain text: http://useplaintext.email
: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/chemical-engineering/people/prof-eric-fraga

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-07-11 12:08       ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2020-07-11 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> On Friday, 10 Jul 2020 at 18:51, Narendra Joshi wrote:
>> The value for GCC seems to be this:
>>
>> [ ] GCC: [Value Menu] To current group
>>     Specify default value for GCC header. Hide
>
> But this isn't "ticked" so I don't know where your own emails will end
> up.  You probably want to tick this option.  Do you see a GCC line in
> the header of your emails when you compose your replies?
I have set the configuration using `gnus-parameters` now because I want
it for all the groups. As you pointed out, it wasn't enabled. Thanks a
lot for the help, I think it should work now. :)

I have set `gnus-parameters` to:

(setq gnus-parameters '((".*" (gcc-self . t))))

Best,
--

@ 2020-07-13  5:46         ` Dmitry Alexandrov
From: Dmitry Alexandrov @ 2020-07-13  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narendra Joshi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Eric S Fraga

Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have set `gnus-parameters` to:
>
> (setq gnus-parameters '((".*" (gcc-self . t))))

But many backends are not writable.  You, perhaps, meant something like:

	(setq gnus-parameters
	      (list
	       (list (rx bos (or "nnmbox" "nnfolder" "nnml" "nnmh" "nnmaildir"
	                         "nnimap") ":")
	             '(gcc-self . t))))

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-07-14 16:24           ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2020-07-14 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Alexandrov; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Eric S Fraga

Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> writes:

> Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have set `gnus-parameters` to:
>>
>> (setq gnus-parameters '((".*" (gcc-self . t))))
>
> But many backends are not writable.  You, perhaps, meant something like:
>
> 	(setq gnus-parameters
> 	      (list
> 	       (list (rx bos (or "nnmbox" "nnfolder" "nnml" "nnmh" "nnmaildir"
> 	                         "nnimap") ":")
> 	             '(gcc-self . t))))

Thanks :)

--

@ 2020-08-04 13:53 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2020-08-04 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
> thread. Is there a feature flag for it?
>
> Currently, I use `/ o` [gnus-summary-insert-old-articles]. It doesn't
> find my replies in the thread at point reliably.

Actually, a long time ago, i also did want this approch. And now i have
been resolved it myself by Gmane[nntp -- news.gmane.io].

Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-08-05 17:11   ` wgreenhouse
From: wgreenhouse @ 2020-08-05 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

soyeomul@vladivostok.yw.doraji.xyz (황병희) writes:

> Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
>> thread. Is there a feature flag for it?
>>
>> Currently, I use `/ o` [gnus-summary-insert-old-articles]. It doesn't
>> find my replies in the thread at point reliably.
>
> Actually, a long time ago, i also did want this approch. And now i have
> been resolved it myself by Gmane[nntp -- news.gmane.io].
>
> Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea

If replies go to your sent folder or `message-archive-method' as defined
in Gnus, you can create a "virtual group" encompassing both your inbox
and the group where incoming messages in the thread are sorted. You can
also use the `gcc-self' group parameter, so that replies will be stored
in the same group as incoming messages.

-wgreenhouse

* Re: View my replies to messages in a thread in Gnus
@ 2020-08-06  2:47     ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2020-08-06  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

wgreenhouse <wgreenhouse@tilde.club> writes:

> soyeomul@vladivostok.yw.doraji.xyz (황병희) writes:
>
>> Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to see my replies alongside other messages in a
>>> thread. Is there a feature flag for it?
>>>
>>> Currently, I use `/ o` [gnus-summary-insert-old-articles]. It doesn't
>>> find my replies in the thread at point reliably.
>>
>> Actually, a long time ago, i also did want this approch. And now i have
>> been resolved it myself by Gmane[nntp -- news.gmane.io].
>>
>> Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea
>
> If replies go to your sent folder or `message-archive-method' as defined
> in Gnus, you can create a "virtual group" encompassing both your inbox
> and the group where incoming messages in the thread are sorted. You can
> also use the `gcc-self' group parameter, so that replies will be stored
> in the same group as incoming messages.

Oh i have to hope! Thanks for introduce to easy way!
Again thanks wgreenhouse^^^

Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea

--
^고맙습니다 _和合團結_ 감사합니다_^))//