Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: >> I'll make it so that the prefix arg is passed on in the cycle so M-- >> M-SPC M-SPC will delete all space including newline before point. >> IMO, that's better than a separate action. > > I want a separate action, because the current `M-- M-SPC' action is > basically the only one I use, and I want to be able to just type > `M-SPC' to get it. Would it be ok for you to define it in your init file? I've documented the positive arg = tabs/spaces, negative arg = tabs/spaces/newlines as a general contract of all predefined actions (see new patch below) and your favorite action would immediately violate it... >>> delete-space-before/after could also care about the numerical >>> prefix? >> >> Yes, in the sense that negative means "including newlines". > > I meant in the same way just-one-space does. I.e., leave 4 space after > point if given a 4 prefix, etc. No, at least not yet. But if they did, you would need to always give an explicit prefix arg when you really want to delete all spaces before/after point because the default value of a numerical prefix arg is 1. Bye, Tassilo