all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to suppress <title> generation in export
@ 2023-03-21 21:29 David Diem
From: David Diem @ 2023-03-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

is there a way to suppress the generation of a <title>...</title> tag
when exporting to html?

The title of the subtrees I am exporting is not set, the org file-wide
title is not set either. Setting the file title to nothing (like so:
#+title: ) does not help either.

I tried setting org-export-with-title to nil and org-html-meta-tags to
nil, but there remain three lines which I seemingly cannot suppress:

1. <title>&lrm;</title>
2. <meta name="author" ...
3. <meta name="generator" ...

I wish to suppress 1. in order to manually add my <title> otherwise.
This question of mine is *not* about the <h1>Title</title>

Best wishes
David

* Re: How to suppress <title> generation in export
@ 2023-03-28 10:57 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-03-28 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Diem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Diem <purlupar@purlupar.com> writes:

> is there a way to suppress the generation of a <title>...</title> tag
> when exporting to html?

That would generate invalid html document.

The relevant comment in our code:

	 ;; Set title to an invisible character instead of leaving it
	 ;; empty, which is invalid.
	 (title (if (org-string-nw-p title) title "&lrm;"))

See https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-08/msg00006.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,