Philip Kaludercic writes: > Is there a reason we wouldn't want to have support in the core? Or at > least GNU ELPA? Not all of the maintainers of clojure-mode and clojure-ts-mode are on board with the core development model, particularly copyright assignment. Initially I wanted to put this straight in the core but after some discussion we decided not to. I have personally done my copyright assignment, but for clojure-ts-mode we won't be asking contributors for it. Therefore, going into GNU ELPA or core then is out of the question. > If added to GNU ELPA and NonGNU ELPA, this would be the first *-ts-mode > package, from what I see. From what I recall, the -ts-mode approach was > a compromise to add some basic support for Tree Sitter in Emacs 29, but > I am not sure if it was a final decision on the matter, because at least > from my perspective of following the tree sitter development from a > close distance, but also from user reports I have heard of since the > release of Emacs 29, the current approach is slightly confusing. Adding > a -ts-mode to ELPA might be misinterpreted as a commitment to the > current trajectory, and I am not sure if that is intended. Yeah it is kind of confusing but I'm not sure what the end game is for all the other *-ts-modes. Non tree-sitter Clojure-mode itself has a lot of features and is also depended on by some other packages (cider, inf-clojure). In that regard, we decided trying to keep clojure-ts-mode and clojure-mode in the same repo would be too complex of a task. Therefore we put it in it's own repo. Very long term plans are for clojure-ts-mode to eventually reach feature parity with clojure-mode and start making it's consumer packages also use it. That will probably take a number of years though. >> + (clojure-ts-mode :url "https://github.com/clojure-emacs/clojure-ts-mode" >> + :ignored-files ("doc" "test") > > If possible, it is preferable to list ignored files in a .elpaignore > file, in the repository root directory. I have made a commit to the repo including one of those .elpaignores. I'm going to wait a while to tag a new release in case there is other feedback though. Here is the revised patch