I'd be interested if you could explain what the difference is to the already existing ellama package? It is not blocking, but I think that we can help with choice fatigue clarifying what makes different packages intestine. > gptel tries to provide a uniform Emacs-y UI for all backends, and works > as both a chat interface (in dedicated chat buffers) and as a > helper/lookup agent in all Emacs buffers. There is a demo showcasing > its many uses here: > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRnh_brggM Is this video mirrored elsewhere? > It has no external dependencies (Emacs packages or otherwise), but uses > Curl if it's available. > > Karthik > > Karthik Chikmagalur writes: >> It has no external dependencies (Emacs packages or otherwise), but uses >> Curl if it's available. > > Just realized this isn't true -- gptel depends on the compat package to > support Emacs 27 and 28. On that topic, why do you require Compat using (require 'compat nil t) -- Philip Kaludercic on icterid