On Tue, Jun 18 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Could this be our old friend dump_discard_mem that is too lazy to check >> error codes? What happens if you remove the call to >> dump_mmap_discard_contents in pdumper_load? > > Then the build succeeds. With the patch below, dump_mmap_discard_contents calls the map->release callback. I think that was the original reason for having this callback. It also adds stricter error checking to dump_discard_mem, but that function is now unused. It's not clear to me, when it should be used instead of dump_unmap_file.