all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* still ways for minibuffer questions to leave no trace
@ 2002-12-07 12:31 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-12-07 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Upon upgrading to Emacs/21.2, I discovered there are still many ways
to have questions appear in the minibuffer, to which after you answer
y or n, there is no way to see what they said later.  I.e. even none
of the "hidden" buffers, with spaces before their names, contain any
record.

It's like one was typing one's password or something.  Gone without a
trace.

The only way infact to cut one to show you is with the mouse and emacs
-nw.

The latest occurrence was gnus asking me if I want to continue when
the nntp server had no response, but I'm sure you can come up with
other examples.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-12-07 12:31 UTC | newest]