all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
@ 2004-06-23 14:36 Samir Saidani
From: Samir Saidani @ 2004-06-23 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to expand/collapse
section/subsection item in the speedbar ? I'm unable to do that under
the 0.14beta version, is there a way to add this feature ? Maybe
through ecb/semantics ou imenu ???

Thanks at all

Samir

* Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
@ 2004-06-23 18:30 ` Matthias
From: Matthias @ 2004-06-23 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samir Saidani <saidani@info.unicaen.fr> wrote:

> (...) Maybe through ecb/semantics ou imenu ???

For the imenu support just eval the folowing:

(speedbar-add-supported-extension '(".tex" ".bib"))

I also found that without (setq speedbar-tag-hierarchy-method nil)
speedbar was confused (don't ask me why).

Does it help?
--
Matthias

* Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
@ 2004-06-24 17:48   ` Samir Saidani
From: Samir Saidani @ 2004-06-24 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Euh I have imenu support, it is not the real problem...
when I click on [+] file.tex,
I have:
[+] file.tex
  [ ] First Section
    [ ] First Subsection
      [ ] First SubSubsection
    [ ] Second Subsection

And I would have for instance :

[-] file.tex
  [-] First Section
    [+] First Subsection
    [ ] Second Subsection

Do you know how to have the possibility to expand/collapse latex
section or subsection inside the speedbar ?

@ 2004-06-25 12:46     ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2004-06-25 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Samir Saidani <saidani@info.unicaen.fr> seems to think that:
>
>Euh I have imenu support, it is not the real problem...
>when I click on [+] file.tex,
>I have:
>[+] file.tex
>  [ ] First Section
>    [ ] First Subsection
>      [ ] First SubSubsection
>    [ ] Second Subsection
>
>And I would have for instance :
>
>[-] file.tex
>  [-] First Section
>    [+] First Subsection
>    [ ] Second Subsection
>
>Do you know how to have the possibility to expand/collapse latex
>section or subsection inside the speedbar ?

Hi,

  Speedbar will mimic what you get if you use the command
`imenu-add-to-menubar'.

  Speedbar has better support for texinfo and html commands because
Richard Kim took the time to write a tag display engine for those
languages.  You might be able to adapt sb-texi.el to latex.

  You could also add support for LaTeX/TeX into semantic (a part of my
CEDET project.)

  http://cedet.sf.net/semantic.shtml

  In this case, the resulting improved tag structure would be usable
in imenu, speedbar, and other areas, plus you get the benefit of
beginning-of-defun working in LaTeX, plus (if it is useful to you)
foreign tag insertion.

  Lastly, support of speedbar would let you use ECB for LaTex, which
would be pretty nifty too.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam                     The MathWorks x 7556 eludlam@mathworks.com
http://www.siege-engine.com                          http://www.mathworks.com

* Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
@ 2004-06-25 15:19       ` Samir Saidani
From: Samir Saidani @ 2004-06-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Eric,

Yes I already checked the CEDET project, and would like to know if I
can quite easily and quickly add the feature I want in semantic
framework. I tried to find a tutorial or HOWTO, because despite
reading the documentation, I really don't know how to start ! Do I
have only to create a BNF file for latex file or do I to create a
semantic-latex.el file or both ? And how to test quickly all this
stuff ?

Thanks at all !

Samir

@ 2004-06-28 14:03         ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2004-06-28 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

For LaTeX, it is unlikely you would want to write a full parser.  You
probably want to do the same thing as the texinfo parser, which is to
use regular expressions to search for the sections you want, and then
sort them into a hierarchy.

Because it would be a free-form parser, there are few rules.  I
recommend starting with the version of semantic in the latest cedet
beta for best future compatibility, and copy the texinfo parser into a
latex parser, then change the regular expressions.  That was how I
made the html parser in only an hour or two.  This would give you the
advantage of having all the logic and boiler plate for hooking things
together complete before you start writing the regular expressions.

Eric