all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Access menu in text mode console
@ 2006-08-04 20:54 Chunhua Li
From: Chunhua Li @ 2006-08-04 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I am a newbie to emacs and usually I need to ssh to a remote computer. When
this is the case, I start an emacs session in text mode console and can not
have access to the emacs top line menu. Is there
any way to actiave the menu with mouse or hotkey  in text mode console?

If possible, how?

Thanks.

Chunhua Li

* Re: Access menu in text mode console
       [not found] <mailman.4872.1154727421.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-04 22:21 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-08-04 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Chunhua Li (2006-08-04) writes:

> any way to actiave the menu with mouse or hotkey  in text mode console?

F10

See also (info "(emacs)Menu Bar") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.

--
Ralf

* Re: Access menu in text mode console
@ 2006-08-05  1:35 ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-08-05  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Chunhua Li <eexcl1@nottingham.ac.uk> writes:

> Hello,
> I am a newbie to emacs and usually I need to ssh to a remote computer. When
> this is the case, I start an emacs session in text mode console and can not
> have access to the emacs top line menu. Is there
> any way to actiave the menu with mouse or hotkey  in text mode console?

M-` (tmm-menubar)

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm