Whitfield Diffie writes: > In my case, I have a function called `describe-last-kbd-macro' that > constructs a definition and calls message to present it and my macro > operated on comments in TeX. Clearly I could pre-process the message > to double the percent signs but it doesn't seem that should be > necessary. Why don't you use (message "%s" whatever)? -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Mieux vaut se taire | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | Que de parler trop fort. | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | -- As de trèfle | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' - --'