storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes: > michael@cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes: > >> First, some facts: >> - Whitespace cleanup considers 8 (and only 8) spaces to be >> a tabulation, and discards the fact that `tab-width' could have been >> changed. >> - On the contrary, `tabify' uses `tab-width'. > > That doesn't look right indeed. > > Since whitespace-indent-regexp is already a defcustom, what's the > problem for you modifying that explicitly when you modify tab-width? Well, first because the contradiction between w-cleanup and tabify would stay. Also, putting w-i-regexp in a Local Variable part produces a warning. And I don't really want to force a certain value of this variable but just the amount of spaces it counts. > That's not a clean solution, so we should reconsider this after the > release. Will you remind us then? I will, thanks. -- /!\ My mail address has changed, please update your files accordingly. | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | (\(\ This is the cute bunny virus, | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | (^.^) please copy this into your | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | (")") sig so it can spread. | `--JID: michael.cadilhac@gmail.com--' - --'