all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Automatic handling of TYpos
@ 2007-02-01 16:15 HS
       [not found] ` <mailman.3886.1170363669.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: HS @ 2007-02-01 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Olá!

Is there any emacs function that I can turn on to fix THis KInd of
MIstakes automatically ?

Thanks!
HS

* Re: Automatic handling of TYpos
@ 2007-02-01 21:00 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.3886.1170363669.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-02-01 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HS; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 01.02.2007 um 17:15 schrieb HS:

> Is there any emacs function that I can turn on to fix THis KInd of
> MIstakes automatically ?

Flypsell?

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
                                          - Donald Knuth

@ 2007-02-01 21:57   ` Charles philip Chan
From: Charles philip Chan @ 2007-02-01 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On  1 Feb 2007, Peter_Dyballa@web.de wrote:

> Flypsell?

Or try use Predictive Mode:

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PredictiveMode

Charles

--
panic("No information about myself?");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/mips/sgi-ip27/ip27-timer.c

* Re: Automatic handling of TYpos
@ 2007-02-02  7:34 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-02-02  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hugows; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Is there any emacs function that I can turn on to fix THis KInd of
> MIstakes automatically ?

In your example there are actually _two_ kinds of "mistakes".  One kind
is that you capitalize words like "this" or "kind" in the middle of a
sentence.  There's no simple solution to that.  The other mistake is
that of an upper-case character in the second position of a word.
Correcting the latter should not be difficult with flyspell.  Try adding
code like the 100% untested below to `flyspell-incorrect-hook' (and be
aware of the fact that auto-correction is something you'll hardly notice
while typing).

(defun flyspell-maybe-downcase-second-character (beg end guesses)
   "Try to downcase second character."
   (when (consp guesses)
     (let ((string (buffer-substring beg end))
	  second)
       (when (and (> (- end beg) 1)
		 (not (equal (aref string 0) (downcase (aref string 0))))
		 (not (equal (aref string 1) (downcase (aref string 1)))))
	(setq string
	      (concat
	       (substring string 0 1)
	       (setq second (downcase (substring string 1 2)))
	       (substring string 2)))
	(catch 'done
	  (dolist (guess guesses)
	    (when (string-equal string guess)