all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus 'show X messages'
@ 2008-03-03 14:42 Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2008-03-03 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does anyone know how to make Gnus pull up the last say 100 messages from
a group when I enter it automatically, even if they are already read?  I
know that I can do 'C-u 100 RET', but I always want to the last 100 or
so messages for the groups that I am reading.

Kyle Sexton

* Re: Gnus 'show X messages'
       [not found] <mailman.8264.1204604604.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-03-04 12:15 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2008-03-04 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> Does anyone know how to make Gnus pull up the last say 100 messages
> from a group when I enter it automatically, even if they are already
> read?  I know that I can do 'C-u 100 RET', but I always want to the
> last 100 or so messages for the groups that I am reading.

(info "(gnus) Group Parameters")

    `display'
         Elements that look like `(display . MODE)' say which articles
         to display on entering the group.  Valid values are: [...]

        `an integer'
              Display the last INTEGER articles in the group.  This is
              the same as entering the group with `C-u INTEGER'.

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: Gnus 'show X messages'
@ 2008-03-04 12:22 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2008-03-04 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> Does anyone know how to make Gnus pull up the last say 100 messages from
> a group when I enter it automatically, even if they are already read?  I
> know that I can do 'C-u 100 RET', but I always want to the last 100 or
> so messages for the groups that I am reading.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Kyle Sexton

Does setting (display . 50) in the Group Parameters help?  You could
do that by hitting G P against the group and entering the lisp form.
See the Gnus manual section Group Parameters

sivaram