I also applied these from a grep of unindexed variables I had kicking around -- with a think about what text is defining/describing as opposed to merely referring to ... * commands.texi (Misc Events): vindex mouse-wheel-up-event and mouse-wheel-down-event, the closest thing to a definition for them. * os.texi (Startup Summary): vindex inhibit-startup-message and inhibit-splash-screen. (Command-Line Arguments): vindex argv. (Suspending Emacs): vindex suspend-tty-functions and resume-tty-functions. Don't want to index every hook, but having the programming ones is helpful.