Hi, I'm currently working on an OpenWrt port [1] for Emacs23 to use on the Ben NanoNote PDA [2]. OpenWrt packages use cross-compilation, so Emacs is used in a NO_DUMP configuration, loading loadup.el every time it starts. This causes at least one problem with environment variables, that I already fixed [3]. Now I'm hitting another problem when using org-mode: File mode specification error: (wrong-type-argument stringp (require . t-mouse)) After some debugging this looks like being caused by variable load-history containing the element: ((require . t-mouse)) This looks a little broken, since all other elements have a filename-string in front of that cons cell, e.g.: ("/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/term/linux.el" (defun . terminal-init-linux)) Now org-mode calls eval-after-load which calls load-history-filename-element which causes the wrong-type-argument error when using the 'car' of ((require . t-mouse)) with string-match. I can sanitize load-history in site-start.el, removing the broken entry, but that's not a very clean fix (also it takes time and memory, what a waste). Anybody knows who's fault that error is anyways? is ((require . t-mouse)) a valid entry? Is eval-after-load broken? How does that entry get inserted into load-history in the first place? Full output of C-h v load-history attached. thanks for any help, cheers, David PS: if it helps I could hand out SSH accounts to the nanonote to individual developers [1] http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-packages/source/tree/master/emacs [2] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote [3] http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-packages/source/tree/master/emacs/patches/010-fix-init-env.patch -- GnuPG public key: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~dvdkhlng/dk.gpg Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205 D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40