all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* flet + advised functions
@ 2011-03-08  6:47 Andreas Politz
       [not found] ` <mailman.18.1299613165.4046.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Andreas Politz @ 2011-03-08  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just discovered that `flet' does not work with (some form of)
advised functions, such that it doesn't restore the original
function.  I have found no references to this behaviour on the
net, no bug reports either.  The results are the same in
emacs22/24. I assume, it has been this way for a long time !?

(progn
  (unintern 'foo)
  (defun foo () 'defun)
  (defadvice foo (around foo activate)