all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error
@ 2011-12-01 15:55 Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2011-12-01 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Since updating from the trunk this morning, Emacs displays the following
in the echo area when I send a message (via smtpmail-send-it):

   gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly
   terminated.

Very cursory googling suggests this is gnutls bug in versions higher
than 3.0.0 (I have 3.0.3), yet it only starting showing up here after
updating Emacs.  Was there a recent change that exposes this?  (I haven't
noticed any undesirable effects and the mail goes out normally.)

Steve Berman

* Re: gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error
@ 2011-12-01 16:04 ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2011-12-01 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 16:55:39 +0100 Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net> wrote:

> Since updating from the trunk this morning, Emacs displays the following
> in the echo area when I send a message (via smtpmail-send-it):
>
>    gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly
>    terminated.
>
> Very cursory googling suggests this is gnutls bug in versions higher
> than 3.0.0 (I have 3.0.3), yet it only starting showing up here after
> updating Emacs.  Was there a recent change that exposes this?  (I haven't
> noticed any undesirable effects and the mail goes out normally.)

Well, it wasn't displayed when I sent this post, so I have to revise my
observation: in fact, the two cases where I saw this today were on using
report-emacs-bug, which I hadn't used since updating my system, prior to
which I was using gnutls 2.8.6.  So it looks like report-emacs-bug
triggers this.  Can anyone confirm this?

Steve Berman