Aaron Meurer writes: [...] > Final note: I use emacsclient with emacs daemon, if that might make a > difference. As far as version goes, I am using a very recent build > from the development repo of emacs. "emacsclient" is the cause. I can reproduce this, by doing `emacsclient -c -e '(gnus)'`, when I have no X frames open at the time. Sometimes can also be reproduced even when an X frame is already there, though not always. I think this is an ancient bug. Noticed this at the time I began using emacsclient. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591