all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to shadow a library from elpa
@ 2012-09-10 21:32 Seweryn Kokot
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2012-09-10 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I see that all elpa packages are at the beginning of load-path variable, however
I need for a single library to be earlier in the load-path and to shadow the
elpa package of the same name. How to do it in my .emacs file?

Thanks in advance,
Seweryn

* Re: how to shadow a library from elpa
@ 2012-09-10 22:57 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-09-10 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seweryn Kokot; +Cc: emacs-devel

Seweryn Kokot <sewkokot@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I see that all elpa packages are at the beginning of load-path variable, however
> I need for a single library to be earlier in the load-path and to shadow the
> elpa package of the same name. How to do it in my .emacs file?

There is an option to disable packages with

    M-x customize-variable RET package-load-list RET

@ 2012-09-11  7:41   ` Seweryn Kokot
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2012-09-11  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There is an option to disable packages with
>
>     M-x customize-variable RET package-load-list RET

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't helped in my case.
I tried (setq package-load-list '((popup nil) all))
but another package (auto-complete) requires popup-0.5 package from
the elpa repository, so auto-complete is not loaded either.

I solved the problem using after-init-hook and forced to reload
popup.el library and left package-load-list as it is by default. It's
not elegant but at least it works.

P.S. I meant to send this message to gmane.emacs.help, sorry.